Sunday, June 11, 2017

Graduation Day at BYU-Hawaii

Leis for sale in the square.
This week was graduation at BYU-Hawaii. Many of the students in my ward are leaving, either because they are graduating or getting married or both. Most are returned missionaries and great examples of dedicated service to the Lord. I will miss them. I'm posting some pictures of some of the ones I will probably never see again. Happy-sad day.
Graduation June 8, 2017
Preparing for the graduates to come out of the Cannon Center



Families often will have a special tapa cloth made
to honor the graduating student from Tonga or Samoa.

Booths are set up everywhere along the streets and everyone Attending Graduation will give one to their special graduate.


This was especially nice. It is made to wear around the head and is called a Haku-a lei for the head.

This is the lady making the Haku-she teaches this art to the younger generation.




No comments:

Post a Comment